My dear reader,
This post is a small compilation of one-liners and small poems I have written over the course of many years. These usually have no context and often are just my observations about little things in this sweet and beautiful world. I have tried to compile only the ones that make a little sense and can be related to.
Have fun. Feel free to use them as captions, if you will.
- I promise magic.
And I promise truth.
Mornings all red,
And oceans all blue.
Bear this today,
My sweet love,
It is a beautiful place
we are going to.
- All my life I have ever wanted but could not have. Now that I can have, I do not want.
- Everyday, while going home from work, I take home flowers for someone.
Someone who isn’t there.
Someone who doesn’t know they are for her.
But the flowers do.
- A man is only as strong as the ladies in his life.
- She is like
an incomplete poem,
an unfinished tapestry.
looking at her once
is not enough.
One has to look again,
- The good we do stays where it is done.
The sins we do follow us back home.
- Here we are.
After all these years.
And I am…
still… talking about her.
And I should be.
- A man is not his religion. A religion is not one man.
- Every day we lose a little something of what we were.
And gain a little something of what we will become.
- I am not the secret-keeper. I am the secret.
- Dreams break in silence but with echoes.
- “Be a good man”, She said. “The world needs good men.”
And then she was gone. And all these years later, I am trying to be.
- A little of me I leave in you, a little of you I take away.
- What cannot be understood must be mugged.
What cannot be mugged must be written on a piece of paper and taken to the exam hall.
- Always trust a person who talks to food. Always.
- When past is loud
and I can’t sleep
she finds me pacing
through the night.
Doesn’t say much
just hugs me tight.
it will be alright.
All my life
I only knew pain
but is this what
healing feels like?
- We did not pass away the time. It was time that passed us by.
- Of all goodbyes we said to each other and came back again, the final time we depart, the last goodbye must remain unsaid.
- She greets me with a chuckle that says maybe we could be like this forever. I smile back and remove that maybe altogether.
- Too many friends. Not enough friendships.
- You be water. And I will be the river.
- Me? I am a storyteller. And a storyteller knows where the story goes.
- All good things must come to an end while they are still good.
- What isn’t ours cannot be mine.
- After all, it is only in not having that I have ever, truly, had.
- Between all the maybes and may not bes, there is that ever certain will be.
And that there is no me. There is no you. There is only us.
- I know the language of tears. Teach me the language of smiles.
- You effing cannot kill what refuses to die.
- The Vespa Girl. And the invisible lead of her invisible hands.
- The love we do not claim does not return.
- First impression is never the last impression. It is just a funny memory.
- All I need is all I have. And all I have is you.
- Life teaches living.
- Destiny, love, be kind.
- My mother is my all.
- Where is despair, must have been hope.
- I don’t care if I am the villain in all other stories as long as I am the protagonist in the one that matters.
- In a war between my head and my heart, my stomach always wins.
- Chennai is slow love.
- Pain will not let you live. And love will not let you die.
- Let me know if you hear whispers in the wind. Let me know what they say.
- Flashes of genius in a lifetime of mediocrity.
- The cost of living is dying.
- Love comes easy. Loving does not.
- You have to be a little broken to bleed poetry.
- Let me bring out my tools. Let me work on you.
- We dread judgement not from strangers, but from friends.
- I have a lure of all things pure.
All it takes is a piper and a tune.
- I don’t want a princess
or a starlet of unparalleled beauty.
I just need a scribbler
one who finishes my sentences for me.
- All my life I kept wondering if someone would ever understand.
And then I met someone who did.
- While our mind is solving the equations of life, our heart is busy unbalancing them.
- Keep that wound open unless the lesson, like the scar, becomes permanent.
- We the children of morning do not fear the night.
- You cannot catch a balloon with a needle.
- No story is complete unless told.
- There is no going back to a place everyone you loved has already left.
- For a change, I am not lost in a memory. For a change I am making one.
- The idea is to keep moving while having nowhere to go.
- The first light that escapes isn’t the brightest, but it is the most inspiring.
- People do not have to be together for their story to be complete.
- A homeless man had everywhere to go to.
- Yes! A woman remembers.
- In a world of “mah frenzzzzz”, be my friendship.
- She is a butterfly on a plastic rose.
- Stories to read. Stories to write. Stories to be.
- The question is not who you can go to. The question is who will take you in.
- The nights are all hers. But the mornings are all mine.
- The past is certainly dead. I see its ghost all the time.
- Where is uncertainty, there is also, possibility.
- If you really, really try, you can see rainbows at night.
- It’s a dark night. Perhaps the darkest.
It’s a bad storm. Perhaps the worst.
There’s a knock on the door.
And a Hagrid walks into your life.
- Flights don’t make memories like trains used to.
- I just hope you were around. Just to see the man I have become.
- Life is a fishhook. And hope is bait.
- This connection will always be.
- I am a storyteller.
I know when a story is over.
- Everyone has secrets with November.
- Don’t disappear into forever.
- And if you have a broken heart, I will be your fresh start.
- Two days diet. Third day riot.
- In life’s menu of specials, where is my slice of normal.
- We only cry for the people we love.
- Great sacrifice is required to vanquish great evil.
- In my khichdi of a life, love is like ghee.
- Forget the wound but remember the pain.
- Bitching is a fundamental right.
- I try to be the friend that no one was to me.
- I am in awe of all womankind in general, and in love with one woman in particular.
- It is 2020 and I am still stuck on Kate Winslet’s curls in titanic.
- Every broken heart is comforted by a full stomach.
- The world can tell. Cause your eyes talk. And they talk about me.
- A person who helps everyone does not know how to ask for it.
- If I was any more normal, would you be any less special?
- I did not come to complete an unfinished story. I came back to start a new one.
- All apartment aunties together are a jury panel.
- To believe in God, you must first believe in the devil.
- I am from Mithila. We eat fish and make merry.
- Friendships do not survive relationships.
- So… you telling me you can’t finish you own story?
- Snickers is desi badam chikki that went abroad and came back with an accent.
- They wanted me to change. So I did.
- Only happier memories can heal wounds cause by happy memories.
- The world needs more feminism and less feminists.
- The only downside of eating too much panipuri is that you can’t have more.
- When you are a part of everyone else’s story, you don’t have one of your own.
- If you think your story is done, come to me I will give you one.
- Every savior was a victim once.
- Coffee is fuel but Chai is activity.
- Today’s resistance is tomorrow’s strength.